The only hiccup with that process was a flaking off of one of the layers on just one of the drawers. Perhaps I put too much, or maybe too little calcium carbonate in that particular color jar.
After it was all dried, I ended up with this:
I actually think I should have stopped here. I really liked the way it turned out. But, I then decided to try the dark wax technique from Chi-Chi Studio.
Here's what the dresser looks like now, all aged out using dark wax, alongside the pinspirational pieces, via here and here.
Some more up close:
I still like the way it came out, just a little dingy looking compared to before the dark wax, but I guess that's the look you go for when you want it more aged. I also spray painted the knobs with oil-rubbed bronze to match the top that I stained.
Anyway, all done. It has been a long process from start to finish, and the piece definitely came a long way from what it was. I'll be happy to free up some space in my closet now filling this bad boy up.