Thursday, February 28, 2013

My latest flash sale purchase

Let's talk about flash sale sites. I am kind of obsessed. What about you? I can't wait for 11 a.m. when I get an email telling me all about the new sales for the day. I scramble over to my favorite sites like One Kings Lane, Fab, Joss & Main and Beyond the Rack to see what latest eye candy they are offering, usually at huge discounts.

I have purchased all sorts of things from these sites, like two indoor/outdoor rugs, an outdoor tabletop fireplace, a fabulous pair of Born boots and more. They're really pretty dangerous for my credit card. Kind of like walking into a TJMaxx, Marshall's or Target, but instead with flash sale sites, I can browse from the comfort of my office chair (shhh, don't tell my boss!) and not deal with parking and stuff.

So my latest purchase was a bit of a splurge, but still totally worth it. I have been looking for a new shower curtain for the master bathroom. Since moving into the house nearly four years ago, I've had the same white, waffle-textured shower curtain I picked up for a bargain at Target. It's served me well, but with the walls now mostly white, I wanted to add a shower curtain with some pop. And wouldn't you know, as soon as I decided I wanted a new shower curtain, a flash sale pops up at One Kings Lane with pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Oh hey there sexy shower curtain!

Purchased via here
Now this was discounted to $59 from $89, plus $9.99 for shipping. Even with the discounted price, its still too expensive for me even though it's got all the right colors, tons of pop and would even make my fiance happy with the surfing scene. So I moved on, trying to find another shower curtain more in my price range.

But then fate stepped in. The next day I received an email with a special code for 30% off any purchase through the end of the month. It took me about 3.5 seconds to remember the curtain I loved and jump on the site to buy it before the sale ended. I ended up scoring this baby for $49.99 including the shipping and handling!

I am so excited for it to arrive and I can't wait to surprise my fiance with it. He kind of thinks my decorating is a little too girly for him or as he puts it "not my taste." Hopefully, he'll think differently after this is hanging in our bathroom! At least I'm making the effort to blend our styles a bit — more beachy and surfer, less horses and flowers. Although, I did point out to him that his apartment hasn't had anything on the plain beige walls for two years now! Me, I like to live in color, so hopefully I can bring him closer to my side of the decorating spectrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment