Friday, February 8, 2013

Taking the plunge

I'm doing it. I am officially starting a little side business of re-imagining furniture. I even came up with a business name and a logo. What do you think?

I'm calling this little venture re. As in, you guessed it, re-imagining, re-homing, re-designing furniture to sell. My goal is (and I guess if I declare it here on the web, it kind of holds me accountable for at least trying to achieve it) is to eventually have my own store front where I sell the pieces I've re-created, teach classes on re-finishing furniture and even become a stockist for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Phew! Scary to lay it all out there, but I am very excited about all of the possibilities.

I've been doing a lot of research since I fell in love with using Chalk Paint, and I've been scouring some of the websites and blogs of women who are already stockists. They do such wonderful work and seem to really enjoy what they are doing. I would love to do that, too!

But baby steps first, I know. I have to remind myself that. A lot. So I started searching Craigslist and some of my local thrift stores to buy a few pieces that, for the first time, wouldn't be for me and my home. I lucked out and scored two adorable little benches that I am dying to re-upholster, paint and add some amazing details to. I also picked up a small coffee table. I am totally turning to Pinterest for all of my Pinspiration! I even started a new board to stash all my ideas.

I can't wait to share these projects with you and also see if I can actually make a go of this and sell them!

Of course, I'll continue to keep updating and redoing things around my house. I still have a few projects to share with you that are already complete and I still need to tackle my fiance's dresser and nightstand in the guest room and the board and batten in the master bathroom. Fun stuff!

And then before you know it, it'll be warm again and its off to the great outdoors for some fun projects to spruce up the yard.

Lots to look forward to! Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment