Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Engagement party invites

I am so excited to share with you one of the first of many wedding related posts I am sure to have in the next year. In fact, we are no under a year until our big day: May 30, 2014! I am so excited I could almost pee my pants!

A few weeks ago our engagement party invites went out to our guests. The party still isn't for a couple of weeks, but I have been dying to share them with you all. I did the invite design myself. Since I have already started on the designs for the actual wedding invitation suite, I knew the direction I wanted to go with these particular invites. So, what do you think?


I knew right away that I wanted to use the amazing picture our friend Kyle captured of the proposal. It was a once-in-a-lifetime moment that I wanted to share with everyone. My favorite part of the picture is that you can see the ring as he's presenting it to me. So sweet! Also, the fact that we know Franklin our dog really thinks my fiance has a treat for him instead of a ring.

Since we are getting married at the beach, I thought that the airplane flying above was very appropriate considering they fly over all day long on Long Beach Island.

Then from there it's just standard invitation stuff. You'll notice the colors though. They are our actual wedding colors, coral and turquoise/aqua. I figured I'd introduce them early in the process and make all of the paper goods follow the same theme.

I decided to include our wedding website, which I also put on the back of the invites, too.



This proved to be a very handy way to drive people to the site I've been working on so that they can RSVP more conveniently and also check out our registry information. I highly suggest creating a wedding website. There are a lot of free services out there. I really like mywedding.com. It's been very easy to use.

I ordered the invitations through Vistaprint.com.  They are flat 5" x 7" invitations. Again, I highly recommend this company. They are always having some sort of sale or promotion, so I think they're the best deal in town. Their site is easy to use and if you don't feel like creating your own invitations, they have a lot to choose from. In fact, I just ordered these already made Thank You cards to use for the gifts we get at the engagement party and bridal shower. For the wedding I have plans to DIY other Thank You cards.



They match the theme and tie in the turquoise, too! Easy peazy!

After the party in a few weeks, I'll be sure to share the pictures. I can't wait to show you the awesomeness that my mom, sister and future mother-in-law have planned!











No comments:

Post a Comment