Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Welcome to my new blog!

I've dabbled a little bit in the land of blogging, but I've never been able to stick with it. Seems like a lot of things in my life these days! Oh well! But I hope that I've hit on the magic formula, and that is a topic I am truly interested in... Pinterest

I feel like I must be one of the original users of Pinterest. I read about it through one of the blogs I follow (can't remember which one) and immediately thought, "why didn't I think of that?" I hate when someone beats me to the next big idea! Grrrr! But I pushed my hard feelings aside and promptly sought out an invite to the site.

Pinterest was still trying to work out its kinks when I first joined. More often than not, I would try and pin something and would get an error message "Fetching Pin." Remember those? But me and the geniuses behind the site forged ahead and its been a wonderful, albeit addicting, experience ever since. 

If you follow me on the site (well go ahead and start following me already!) you'll see that my own pinspiration leans toward home decor projects for my house in Norfolk, whether its sprucing up the interior spaces of my 3 1/2-year-old house or trying to reinvent my backyard oasis once again. My house is a never-ending work-in-progress. I always want change. I love tackling new projects, and usually am juggling two or three at the same time.

Pinterest has also changed the way I look at food. I am not joking when I say that I used to eat Ramen noodles for dinner every night. I am a chicken fingers and fries kind of girl. Thankfully, for both my health and my boyfriend's taste buds, I discovered the never-ending buffet of recipe pins on Pinterest. I pride myself in trying several new recipes a week and in the process expanding my food repertoire.   

I also ride horses, which I think pretty much defines me. "Hi, I'm Blair. I ride horses." And so the horses always seem to creep into my projects somehow. When I first set out decorating my house, I thought I'd try and be a grown-up and get away from the ponies and ribbons that dotted my rooms growing up. But, over time my tastes have evolved back to the horsey set, and I find myself pinning more and more equestrian pinspiration projects to tackle. It doesn't hurt that equine chic is so on trend right now.

So if you've read this much so far, I might as well get to the point of this new blog. I want to show folks out there lurking in Pinterest-land, that you too can actually turn a pin into a project of your very own. I'll show you my pinspiration, and then walk you through the process of how I make it my own. I'll share what did and didn't work and what tweaks I had to make to come up with a project I am proud to call my own (with a little help from my Pinterest friends, of course!). Whether its trying out a new paint color, creating a new seating situation in my back yard or trying out a new way to prepare zucchini, I'll share it with you. 

I hope you'll find some pinspiration from me, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment